Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hello, Lover.

I finally got a chance to visit the Kogi truck on Thursday night, after the event I mentioned in my last post.

Wonder of wonders, there was no line at the truck parked behind the Alibi Room, save for a dozen or so Yelpers who were milling about before joining the after party inside. As luck would have it, my loyal minion* EJ was at the front of the non-existent line and asked what I'd like. I asked for one each of the short rib and the spicy pork tacos, sans onions.

Within a few minutes, I was chowing down. I finished what I think was the short rib taco first (it was dark and I'd had a few beers, so forgive me for not knowing which was which). It was tasty and mostly onion free and entered my belly quickly. Alas, I was only able to finish half of the second one (presumably the spicy pork) before I gave in and passed my taco along to EJ's buddy Dave to finish off**.

I dug the tacos, but my mind remained relatively unblown until the fabulous Stephy offered to share her kimchi quesadilla.

HOLY KOREAN MOTHER OF GOD.

I've been dreaming about the single bite I took since that moment. In fact, my stomach is grumbling right now just remembering the cheesey, gooey, perfectly spicy, fermented cabbagey goodness. I lust this quesadilla. I want to marry it and have little half-breed quesadilla babies.

I also find this to be further proof that my yellow fever is justified: nothing melds together better than Korean and Mexican.

* Who is actually neither loyal, nor my minion.

** Wow, that sounds filthy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that El Jorge!

    What a stud for treating a girl. I liked the Korean Tofu taco that they have. You should have splurge and asked EJ for a burrito. What they did is that they replaces the beans with potatoes. Galbi burrito...yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, potato galbi burrito...that sounds carbolicious and meatastic. NOM!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Vice Girl's not in right now, but if you leave a comment, she'll get back to you as soon as possible. *beep*