Friday, March 6, 2009

Miss Lonelypants

A friend recently told me about a dating site she's using that she likes. According to her, it's free and filled with attractive people. (I'd tell you the name of the site, but she made me promise under penalty of death that I wouldn't share it and lessen our chances with the available men.)

At any rate, feeling sexually frustrated (my version of lonely), I decided to sign up yesterday. I saw a couple of interesting profiles and had a few emails by the time I came home today. While I was online checking my messages, I was asked to chat by two different guys, one right after the other.

Wow, I'm popular!

Right.

Sure.

I got hung up on both times. TWICE. IN A ROW. By men who initiated contact with me.

Granted, the first one wasn't really a "man", given that he was only 19. Okay, I admit, I shouldn't have agreed to talk to him in the first place! But he was hot and he said he liked older women, and, shamefully, I kind of wanted to make fun of him. (I'm horny AND cruel.) He disconnected on me after I responded to his greeting with "Aren't you a little young for this?" I didn't even get to ask if he was just going after older women so they could buy him booze! Honestly, I think he was lying about his age anyways. He was easily 20.

The second dude was older and kind of cute, but halfway through our conversation he had already made a reference to being nude (uh, gross)...still, I stuck around and tried to ignore the comment. Then he started an anti-Obama rant, blaming the state of the economy on a man who's been president for less than two months.

And yet HE is the one who hung up on ME.

To my credit, whatever that means, I actually tried to have an adult conversation, arguing my political points with reason and facts and only a few insults. After he said Obama didn't know what a bad economy is really like because he's only in his mid-forties, I typed, "Uh, you're 40. Are you telling me you traveled back in time to experience the Depression?" This is the point at which he disconnected.

I wanted to yell, "I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!" but unfortunately, I was sitting alone in my bathrobe at home in front of my laptop. The statement loses a little power that way.

Anyhow, it's obvious that neither of these guys were right for me, but somehow I can't help thinking that if I started saying a little less of what I'm thinking, I might date a little more. *sigh*

2 comments:

Hi, Vice Girl's not in right now, but if you leave a comment, she'll get back to you as soon as possible. *beep*