Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm Wicked and I'm Lazy

I have had little to no motivation to write lately. I don't know what it is exactly; it's possible that my early-onset spring fever, which has resulted in my throwing away/shredding/giving away about a zillion things in my house, has sapped my energy to the point that I'm unable to think of anything creative to say.

It's also possible that I'm just really fucking lazy.

I've been busy lately, but not with anything particularly salacious. (Okay, maybe a few salacious things, but when someone reads your blog, it's hard to write about them.)

To give you a small hint of my exciting life: I saw "I Love You, Man" (FOR FREE!) and I saw Jonathan Gold moderate a panel on whether food can be authentic. I hate to say it, but the movie screening beat JG hands down. That dude does not know how to facilitate a conversation. Helpful hint: it does not involve you talking the entire time. MODERATING FAIL.

Also despite terrifying layoffs at my workplace, I am still employed. My job is going to change somewhat, which will mean, I suppose, that I need to start working harder and/or waking up before 9:30 a.m. Despite that, I'm still glad that I wasn't fired.

In other news, I'm moving! I'll be a block away from my office which means I'll walk to work every day but also have even less of an excuse than I currently do for being late, given that I live a mile and a half away from work right now.

Also I am going to China in six weeks!

8 comments:

  1. Be lazy but not about blogging! There are 5 billiontrillion blogs and so few with witty, entertaining writing. Yours is one. YOU ARE SPARKLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm...
    "I AM GOING TO CHINA!!!!!!!" would have been my choice for title of this post.
    very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You be careful out east... vices work different there than they do here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to China in a month? Whoa!! Bring me back some cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in China now?

    Oh, as in for Jonathan Gold...the dude likes to talk. That is a given.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love chicago. china was a bit more exotic, though.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Vice Girl's not in right now, but if you leave a comment, she'll get back to you as soon as possible. *beep*